Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF Tube Wishlist

Hey Fappers!

I'm going to have some more time to work on HOF related projects soon. One of the areas I want to work on is the Tube. I'd like to hea from you guys what changes you would like to see, features you think are missing but would be valuable, etc. I have a few things in mind but ultimately the tube is there for yo uguys, so let's hear your thoughts!
    My balls are soggy

I'd like to see the processing video fixed, showing the % of processing.

Comment

On my list already is working out better handling of failures (incompatible codecs, broken video files, etc) so that they don't get stuck in that 'processing' stage. owever, the conversion process itself doesn't really have a way to measure once it gets to the processing stage. Once it starts, it's quiet until it finishes. Maybe changing the page so that you're following the progress of your video rather than seeig the status of the queue would be an improvement though.
      My balls are soggy

Comment

I would simplify the upload, and instead of showing the status page just say something like "Your video was uploaded and is now being processed", and when the video finishes the processing stage it would send a notification to the user saying that the video is now available (somehow like facebook does)

- The search result should be improved, allowing to change the sort method
        - Would like to see some filters for the videos, for instance if they are free, vip or premium (once you step up in hierarchy you can view the ones you missed)
        - Maybe some watched flag, so you don't miss any video :)
        - Implement tags? Like couple/single/...
        - Maybe also improve the ranking system, and then allow to sort videos by most rated or most viewed
        - Improve layout in general, and would be great for the player to have 3 different dimensions (normal and fullscreen like now, and a middle size like youtube)
        - Notifications for when your videos get commented

Guess that's all for now, am I asking for too much? :D
        sigpic
        My VIP consideration thread

Comment

Suggestions can be totally blue sky. I want to at least be able to consider possibilities that people have, even if they ultimately don't get implemented right away.

We actually sort of have tags, they're just disabled because nobody used them. I think a revision would bring them back.

I have a few things in my back pocket as well that link right into some of your other suggestions, but are pretty tall orders so I'm not talking about them yet :)
          My balls are soggy

Comment

I'd like it when I delete a video, I go back to the page I was before, mostly newest.

Comment

these changes would be good: I'll use r3v list :]

- add videos to favorites
              - sort method of results: sort them by date added, by rating, by duration, by views etc
              - sorting videos by type, you can choose only public, vip or platinum videos to display
              - would be good to find videos by tag couple/single... now a lot of videos with strange names and if you want to find couple video you can go through all found videos, maybe you could add that as upload function: choose there what's in the video: couple/single/threesome
              - I want to see what site was used: Omegle, CR, CRandom, Bazoocam etc. Maybe as upload function too (make a list of most popular sites)
              - don't let upload videos with wrong dimensions, as I know right is 4:3 ratio. If people want to upload video with wrong ratio they'd get error that ratio is wrong. That's not good to watch videos if they aren't normal size, you can see various unnecessary things around them.
              Are you in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by r3v View Post
                I would simplify the upload, and instead of showing the status page just say something like "Your video was uploaded and is now being processed", and when the video finishes the processing stage it would send a notification to the user saying that the video is now available (somehow like facebook does)

- The search result should be improved, allowing to change the sort method
                - Would like to see some filters for the videos, for instance if they are free, vip or premium (once you step up in hierarchy you can view the ones you missed)
                - Maybe some watched flag, so you don't miss any video :)
                - Implement tags? Like couple/single/...
                - Maybe also improve the ranking system, and then allow to sort videos by most rated or most viewed
                - Improve layout in general, and would be great for the player to have 3 different dimensions (normal and fullscreen like now, and a middle size like youtube)
                - Notifications for when your videos get commented

Guess that's all for now, am I asking for too much? :D
                Originally posted by Jackal View Post
                these changes would be good: I'll use r3v list :]

- add videos to favorites
                - sort method of results: sort them by date added, by rating, by duration, by views etc
                - sorting videos by type, you can choose only public, vip or platinum videos to display
                - would be good to find videos by tag couple/single... now a lot of videos with strange names and if you want to find couple video you can go through all found videos, maybe you could add that as upload function: choose there what's in the video: couple/single/threesome
                - I want to see what site was used: Omegle, CR, CRandom, Bazoocam etc. Maybe as upload function too (make a list of most popular sites)
                - don't let upload videos with wrong dimensions, as I know right is 4:3 ratio. If people want to upload video with wrong ratio they'd get error that ratio is wrong. That's not good to watch videos if they aren't normal size, you can see various unnecessary things around them.
                I think quote them is enough!!

Comment

Would be even nice to have others features to be added:

-subscribe to user channels
                  -see numbers of like/dislike

Comment

I agree with most ideas of jackal. I posted a long time ago almost the same in an old topic.
                    Veteran Omegle Hunter since 2011.

Comment

I just started having a small idea about the whole website creation & management so I will sum up the ones that are maybe easier to implement and that will help as a start and seem to me more important

- Enable the tags for the new videos coming , maybe a small list of the most used tags no need to be too fancy just simple tags which will help improve the search because it needs improving

For my part that's the two main points r3v allready mentioned i want to see and favorites maybe , i'm a simple man haha ;)
                      When the girl says : " How are you doing this to me ? " ... That's when you know you are doing something right :D

Comment

What I'm building is more of a "2.0" than a series of incremental updates for what we currently have. Because of this, I can be more green field about it but also nothing is visible until its all visible.
                        My balls are soggy

Comment

Originally posted by r3v View Post
                          + a filter : with chat / without chat

Comment

Originally posted by nbuzard View Post
                            What I'm building is more of a "2.0" than a series of incremental updates for what we currently have. Because of this, I can be more green field about it but also nothing is visible until its all visible.
                            Basically all the things I've talking about since I'm a member of this forum:

- Filter by access level (public, VIP, Platinum)
                            - Tags / Keywords (f.e. "Chatroulette", "Skype", "Lesbians", "Couple", ...)

Powerful search options
                            - Sort results by upload date, views, rating
                            - Search by tags
                            - Filter search results (tags, length, uploader, category. as you know it from onlineshops f.e. https://www.markenkoffer.de/Reisegep...abinengepaeck/)

Social network
                            - Videos should be the center of attraction and everything should be build around it
                            - One platform for all
                            - No oldschool forum, instead better comments (like youtube or vimeo)
                            - User gain points with uploads and "likes" > Promotions are only done because of those points, no mod or admin should decide whether someone is promoted, but the community.
                            (f.e. 10 minute video is 100 points. Each "like" counts 10 points)
                            - Badges for points (VIP badge)
                            - Subscibe a user

nbuzard

I didn't want to tell you about at this early stage of development, but right now I'm building a modern version of the tube based on this template
                            http://beetube.me/html-template/
                            Basically it includes all those nice things users expect from a modern video site nowdays.

Right now I'm implementing the User access system including the mentioned point system (I call them "Mojo" ;)

PM me if you are interessted.
                            Last edited by webcamHunter79; 10-25-2016, 11:43 PM.
                            Baby, I love your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by webcamHunter79 View Post
                              I didn't want to tell you about at this early stage of development, but right now I'm building a modern version of the tube based on this template
                              http://beetube.me/html-template/
                              Basically it includes all those nice things users expect from a modern video site nowdays.

Right now I'm implementing the User access system including the mentioned point system (I call them "Mojo" ;)

PM me if you are interessted.
                              Looks very nice :)

The only thing i can see right now is about managing high security levels but that's only me ^^

BE COOL, BE FUN, BE HUNTER

Kyrnos, Καλλίστη, ανεξάρτητα από το όνομά σας, αυτή είναι η χώρα όπου γεννήθηκα κι όπου θέλω να ταφεί

Comment

Working...
                              X