Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix broken recorded file (ie. HyperCam crash)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix broken recorded file (ie. HyperCam crash)

Sometimes when we least expect it our screen recorder crashes. Especially I have HyperCam in mind... You have the clip you recorded so far but you are unable to open or edit it. Don't worry, here is a simple solution how to fix the recording.

VirtualDub program + tutorial how to use it:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/ogo5xrh5n

Click image for larger version

Name:	vdub.png
Views:	1
Size:	629.1 KB
ID:	216848
    Last edited by lulek; 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM.
    One of the rare hunters around who actually earned all these rewards listed there...

Re: How to fix broken recorded file (ie. HyperCam crash)

Ah shoot, the amount of files I've deleted because of this very bug.
    Thanks man
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    "Glad I was never one of the dick wavers. I guess that's one advantage to having such a scrawny mishapen lump of manflesh, scarred beyond recognition by 35 years of frantic masturbation and being chewed on by my ex, my wife and 25 years of random gaptoothed hags"

Comment

I have a problem with this. I just recorded a hot chick and it crashed a little towards the end of the video. I'm using Hypercam 3.4. In the tutorial it says you should have some sort of .bak file. I don't have that one and i never had it when recording. I still have my .avi video that's unplayable but it cannot be opened with the program, I get this errorClick image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-17_035906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	182098. If anyone can help I would be very thankful ^_^.

Comment

personally i was just opening them in vlc player, you cant fast forward or anything else but you can let them run through and recap them.
        though u way does seem much easier :) thanx for the tips :)
        sigpic
        Hunting season has begun. (its not koala season though) Happy hunting

Comment

With some recording software you just loose the video... (pc handscreen recorder).

You have to find it back before closing the session in C:/ --> users --> yourusername --> AppData --> local --> temp (enable hiding folders) look for videos here, usually called temp.avi or similar.

My window is in french maybe the folders names change a little bit excuse me for this :)
          Winter is leaving ! The cold-ages are past..
          Good hunting to all of you !

Comment

oh fair enough.. i was using debut... since being banned i now have ocam which seems to be quite small and simple and delivers good quality caps with source sound rather then mic imput which i love.
            i havent had many caps as im not on omegle though so havent had my laptop crash while recording to know what happens yet...
            oh the joys of wonder :P
            sigpic
            Hunting season has begun. (its not koala season though) Happy hunting

Comment

Working...
            X