Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype won't connect

Hi Guys

First off.. I don't use Skype very much and am therefore something of a novice when it comes to using it, but have today encountered a problem when opening it. Tried to open it and am getting a message saying 'Sorry. We couldn't connect to Skype. Please check your internet connection and try again'. I know there isn't anything wrong with my internet as I was connected using Chrome to do other things.

I have two accounts set up (one as a male and the other as a female). I was using a game on Omegle earlier and found a girl who wanted to play but not on that site. I gave her my male Skype and she added me (I know because she showed me her phone screen). Went to login and it opened under the female one. Tried to switch accounts and that was when i started getting the message and now it won't do anything. I think it may have something to do with it updating to a newer version of Skype. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and using the older version of the install file, but still get the same message.

Any idea's?
    TheSheik

'Sleep... Those little slices of death... How I loathe them' Edgar Allen Poe

First try to connect using the web client
    https://web.skype.com/

Just to make sure your account wasn't kicked or something
    Baby, I love your eyes.

Comment

Yeah. My account opened fine there. Thanks WCH
      TheSheik

'Sleep... Those little slices of death... How I loathe them' Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

It's been years since i used Skype,but from what i remember Skype is somehow connected to IE browser,it throws errors if you switch IE from your default browser to another one.Also you might want to navigate to a path where Skype stores some of its folders which are not removed after uninstalling ,if i'm not wrong its this C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming , you will find a Skype folder there,you can delete it,copy it to another location whatever you want.Also if you disabled any of Skype's services you might want to check there too.

Comment

Working...
        X