Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now available for all members: HOF Private Messenger

Greetings to all my friends!

Today we announce a new treat for our members, a private instant messenger! Now you can chat with your HOF buddies privately and securely, using just about any multi-protocol messenger client!

This system is based on XMPP (Jabber), and there are clients available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc. For Windows/Linux, I recommend Pidgin, but there are a lot of options to choose from.

To get started, create a new account in your IM client, of type XMPP. Your messenger username is your HOF username, and the domain is amateurhof.com. Your password is your HOF password. You should choose to use encryption for the connection.

Once you connect, you can send contact requests to any other member. Make sure to use their username @amateurhof.com, for example to add me, nbuzard@amateurhof.com

This has been available for VIP and Platinum members for a while, but today all members are able to join.

Multi-user conferences are also enabled, the conference server is conference.amateurhof.com.

For a public room, add public@conference.amateurhof.com.
    Last edited by nbuzard; 12-05-2016, 12:38 PM.
    My balls are soggy

This is a great feature and everyone should be using it!

You can add the public room to your buddies list in pidgin by Going to Tools on the buddy list menu bar and then rooms list.

Download the list of rooms and right click on public, you want the add button, within this there is also a checkbox to auto-connect you on loading pidgin

Hope to see you all there
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_52016_1459226145358_590[/ATTACH]

Comment

nice nBuzard, thansks friend

Comment

If anyone is interested I created the italian chat channel.
        To access like pubblic rooms but the name is: "italians"
        Let's play a game.. you will love it!

Comment

Working...
        X